Periodontal Plastic Surgery Can Leave You with a Beautiful Smile
A straight, white, confident smile will be one of the first things that people know about you, and if you don’t feel completely happy with your smile, a trip to the periodontist might be in order.
There are a variety of great periodontal plastic surgery procedures out there that can make a big difference in the appearance of your smile. So, what periodontal procedures can be used to create a beautiful smile that you’ll be proud of?
These are some of the most common:
- Dental implants. This is one of the most common and popular options, and it involves placing replacement teeth with metal abutments into the jawbone where they fuse to become permanent structures in your mouth.
- Crown lengthening. This procedure takes away excess gum tissue to expose more of the crown portion of your tooth. This is a good option for people who have a “gummy” smile.
- Pocket reduction. Deep pockets that result from gum disease could be corrected with pocket depth reduction, a procedure that is used to clean the pockets and to secure gum tissue in place.
- Root coverage. Your periodontist will take gum tissue from the palate to cover up exposed roots.
- Ridge augmentation. This procedure is used to correct problems with the jawbone where the natural teeth might be missing. They could also be used to prevent the jawbone from collapsing after an extraction and to even out implants that might seem too long compared to the rest of the teeth.
In some cases, you may need more than one procedure to get the look that you really want, and your periodontist can help you to come up with a good course of action to create a “perfect” smile.
So, what are you waiting for? Please contact our office today, and soon, you’ll be on your way to getting the smile of your dreams.