When to See a Periodontist
Routine dental appointments are an important part of a maintaining a healthy smile. Your general dentist and hygienist will check your mouth for any signs of periodontal disease and may recommend that you schedule an appointment with Scholes Perio if they find any areas of concern. You do NOT need a referral from your general dental office to schedule a consultation with us. Please feel free to call us at Scholes Periodontics Phone Number 602-900-1609 if you are experiencing any of these signs and symptoms.
- Bleeding while brushing or flossing or eating. Bleeding gums are never normal and are one of the most common signs you may have periodontal disease.
- Halitosis (bad breath). Untreated infection in your mouth can cause bad breath despite excellent brushing habits.
- Teeth that seem loose or appear to be shifting in your mouth. Bone loss from periodontal disease can weaken the supporting bone around teeth and lead to increased spacing between teeth, loose teeth, and teeth that appear longer.
- Systemic diseases. Heart disease, diabetes, osteoporosis/osteopenia, and autoimmune diseases are just some of the conditions that can be associated with periodontal infection. Infection in your gums can easily travel throughout your body so it is important to have any problematic areas evaluated immediately.
If you have missing teeth or teeth that need to be removed, dental implants are a great option for replacing them. They can even be used to stabilize dentures and partials. To learn more about dental implants please schedule a consultation.
We offer the following services in our office:
- Periodontal Therapy (Surgical and Non-surgical)
- Implant Placement and Maintenance
- Bone Grafting (Tooth and Implant Support)
- Gum grafting
- Cosmetic crown lengthening
- Periodontal Maintenance Cleanings
- Oral Cancer Screening
Call our office at (602) 900-1609 to schedule a consultation today.